- When do
tickets go on sale?
Main stage tickets typically go on sale a few days after a Nerd Nite show for the next event. We send out an email announcement with the dates and times of ticket sales to our mailing list. You can join the mailing list by clicking on the link in the top right corner of our main web page.
- How do I purchase tickets?
Ticket sales are done by Fringe Theatre Adventures. You can purchase tickets three ways: 1) visit their website, 2) call the box office (780-409-1910), or show up in-person during regular business hours (9am – 5pm).
- There was an error with my ticket purchase. What do I do?
Please contact Fringe Theatre Adventures about any technical issues experienced on their webpage.
- What do you do with your mailing list contact information?
We send out information about Nerd Nite Edmonton shows and events to our mailing list. We try to keep these emails to a minimum (approximately 1-2/month). We do not sell this information or provide it to outside organizations.
- What do you do with the profits from ticket sales?
Nerd Nite Edmonton has always been a break-even endeavour. Money from our ticket sales goes towards paying our venue, providing tickets and drinks to our speakers, supporting special events, and thanking our incredible volunteers. There are no paid staff at Nerd Nite Edmonton. We also do not pay speakers.
- Can you promote our event or organization to your audience?
We do not use our mailing list or social media accounts to promote outside events or organizations. During our shows we often do contests with the audience and give out donated prizes. If you would like our audience to know about your event/organization, please contact us regarding a prize or giveaway for one of our upcoming shows.
- Can Nerd Nite do a special event with our organization?
We’ve occasionally done pop-up events throughout the city. While we are open to discussing opportunities to do more special events, they do take considerable time to organize. Before you contact us with a request, please consider the following:
- Are you offering payment? All members of Nerd Nite Edmonton are volunteers and our current schedule of shows is fairly demanding.
- Do you meet the minimum venue requirements? Please see the section “For Potential Venues” below for additional details.
- What do you want Nerd Nite to do? We have had requests to move Nerd Nite to a new venue, we have had requests to host events, we have even done a wedding! Please be clear about what you are looking for from us in your request.
FOR POTENTIAL VENUES
Our current home for our regular show is the Westbury Theatre at the ATB Financial Arts Barns; however, we do occasionally do special pop-up events in other venues around the city.
Our requirements for potential venues are:
- Capacity: We need cabaret/table seating for 200-250 people.
- Technical support: We need robust A/V support, including projectors, screens, speakers, microphones, and DJ hookups.
- Liquor licensing
- SOCAN licensing
If you are interested in working with us on a special event and your venue meets or exceeds these requirements, please contact Lauren, Tammy and Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.